Recipe by Katie Mae Makes about 3 cups | Ready in 15 minutes | Stores 1 week in fridge (cream separate)
- 1½ cups water
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and diced
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup Basic Cashew Cream Cheese (separate recipe)
- Place a saucepan over medium heat and add the water, vinegar, dates, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
- Stir in the chia seeds and blueberries, and simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat. Then blend using a handheld immersion blender or transfer it to a regular blender.
- To serve warm, ladle the soup into individual serving bowls. To serve chilled, place in the fridge uncovered for a minimum of 30 minutes. Once it’s cooled, portion into individual bowls or cover with a lid to save for later.
- Right before serving, add a dollop of Cashew Cream to each bowl of blueberry soup. Use the blade of a knife or spoon, to gently swirl the cream into the soup.