Recipe by Katie Mae
Makes 2 quarts | Ready in 50 minutes | Stores 1 week in fridge
- 3 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup oil-free sun-dried tomatoes
4 cups water or low-sodium vegetable broth
3 celery stalks, chopped
4 cups fresh basil
1 lemon, juiced
freshly grated black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lay parchment paper on a baking sheet. Lay heirloom and cherry tomato slices across the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes on the center rack.
- Transfer the roasted tomatoes to a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add sun-dried tomatoes, vegetable broth, and celery, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add the basil and lemon juice.
- Use an immersion blender (stick) to blend the soup right inside the pot, or transfer the soup to a blender and blend to smooth consistency.
- Pour the soup back into the pot. Simmer over low heat for 10 more minutes to let the flavors marry. Top with freshly grated black pepper before serving.