Recipe by Katie Mae
Makes 4–6 servings | Ready in 25 minutes | Stores 4 days in fridge
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 red apples, sliced
- 12 figs, sliced in half
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- large pinch of ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons pistachios (optional)
- 1 Medjool date, pitted (optional)
- 7.5 oz coconut milk (½ of 15-oz can, solid and liquid parts)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Pour 2 tablespoons of water into a 9-inch pie pan. Place apple slices into the pan in a single circular layer. Place the fig halves over the apples.
- Sprinkle the fruit with cardamom and cinnamon.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle the pistachios over the fruit and bake for 5 more minutes.
- In a small blender, add the dates, coconut milk, and vanilla. Blend until creamy.
- Portion the roasted fruit into individual bowls and top with coconut cream.