Recipe by Katie Mae
Makes four 2-cup servings | Ready in 15 minutes | Stores 1 week in fridge
Watch the video to see how Katie Mae makes this Nori-Sesame Rice Salad
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds (see notes)
¾ cup orange juice (about 3 navel orange, juiced)
1–2-inches of fresh ginger, diced and peeled
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
½ tablespoon miso (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (see notes)
3 cups cooked long-grain brown rice (1¼ cups uncooked)
3 cups chopped spinach
1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
1 cup shredded carrot
2 sheets of toasted nori, cut into small pieces
- Place a small sauté pan over medium heat. Let the pan heat up for a minute or so and then add the sesame seeds. Toast for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently so the seeds don’t burn. Once they start to brown, and you can smell their aroma, transfer the seeds to a small bowl to cool.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a small blender and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, add the brown rice, spinach, bell pepper, carrot, and the dressing. Toss well. Then add the nori and sesame seeds, and toss again. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge and enjoy later.