Recipe by Katie Mae
Makes 10–12 burgers | Ready in 45 minutes | Stores 5 days in fridge
10 cremini mushrooms, chopped (2 cups)
5 celery stalks, chopped
1 eggplant, chopped
½ cup walnuts or pecans
¼ cup ground flaxseed
1½ cups cooked kidney beans (14 oz can, drained and rinsed)
1 cup cooked wild rice or forbidden rice
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
1 teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon ground rosemary
THIS IS HOW WE DO IT
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Use air-fryer setting if available. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the mushrooms, celery, and eggplant to a sauté pan over medium heat. Cover and sauté for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Transfer the veggies to a large food processor. Add the walnuts, flaxseed, beans, wild rice, nutritional yeast, thyme, and rosemary. Pulse a few times to mix well, but still, you want to leave it semi-chunky.
- Transfer what’s in the food processor to a large bowl. Use your hands to form mixture into a patty that is about ¾-inch thick and 3 to 4 inches wide. Place it on the prepared baking sheet, and repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until browned to your desired consistency. Flip the burgers after 15 minutes for even cooking.