Recipe by Katie Mae
Makes 1½ cups | Ready in 5 minutes | Stores 1 week in fridge
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro (about 1 oz)
- ½ avocado, peeled (about 2 oz)
- 1 jalapeno, without ribs and seeds
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons shelled pistachios (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules (or 3 garlic cloves)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy.
- Serve promptly or store in an air-tight container for later.
I like adding the pistachios for a little bit of nutty flavor to balance out the flavor, but they can be left out if you prefer.
For a sauce with a little more texture, use a food processor instead of a blender.
When stored the liquid may separate, but give it a stir and you’ll be all set.