By Chef Katie Mae
Makes 3 cups | Ready in 10 minutes | Stores 1 week in fridge
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- ½ cup of hot water
- 1½ cups Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons ground cashews
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, alcohol-free
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas (15-oz can, rinsed and drained)
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, to a food processor. Blend for several minutes until the dough is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips.
For a thinner consistency, add more water as needed.
If you don’t want to use chocolate chips, substitute cacao nibs, chopped nuts, or dried fruit.