Recipe by Katie Mae Makes 2 servings | Ready in 7 minutes | Stores 5 days in fridge
- ½ large red onion, sliced
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas (15oz can, drained and rinsed)
- ½ teaspoon spicy chili powder (more or less to taste)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large lime or small orange, juiced
2 cups arugula, chopped
- 1 red mango or 2 manila mangos, peeled and diced
- Add the onion and chickpeas to a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Cover and dry-sauté for a few minutes, until the onions start to caramelize.
- Stir in the chili powder, cinnamon, citrus zest and juice.
- Turn of the heat and stir in the mango and arugula. Serve warm or chilled.