Recipe by Katie Mae
Makes 4 servings (2 quarts) | Ready in 10 minutes | Stores 1 week in fridge
- 3 cups cooked black beans (15-oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 3 cups peeled and shredded carrots
- ½ red bell pepper, diced (3 oz)
- 3 cups spinach, chopped (2 oz)
- ½ cup diced mint and/or cilantro
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- 1½ tablespoons lime juice
- 1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon or stoneground mustard
- Add the black beans, carrots, bell pepper, spinach, mint or cilantro, and raisins to a large bowl. Toss well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, apple cider vinegar, and mustard to make a simple dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the dry ingredients and toss again. Serve at room temp, or let it chill in the fridge and enjoy later.